Yalla Baby Box is an eCommerce company that supports busy parents in caring for their babies, combining a premium subscription service with community-driven content. The company is based in Dubai, UAE and is expanding throughout the Middle-East.
By subscribing to Yalla Baby Box, parents save time and money by bundling premium-brand products algorithmically recommended for their babies – from diapers and wipes, to bathing items and formula.
The company actively partners with pediatricians and hospitals to inform its product recommendations and provide rich content to educate parents.
- Challenging Problems: Develop a platform that automates retail processes, while providing a best-in-class subscription eCommerce experience.
- Agile Solutions: Build back-end architecture to drive process automation. Define user experience for a market new to subscriptions and develop front-end.
- Industry Segment: Retail.
- Solution Segment: Subscription eCommerce.
To empower Yalla Baby Box in building its online platform, we first dived into market research to understand the benefits of a subscription model for repeatable baby products in the region. Factors like long distances, extreme heat and high births per capita were key in designing the user experience.
Platform Implementation & Custom Software Development
We put together an Agile Ship of 10 professionals to implement and customize Shopify Plus eCommerce platform, ensuring the dynamic between Product Manager, UX/UI Designers and Back/Front-end Engineers was fluid and efficient.
Assisting the company in driving the digital transformation of its retail processes – like stock management, picking & packing and shipping, was a key effort to ensure automation and scale.
Optimized business outcomes
By partnering with Eureka Labs, Yalla Baby Box was able to launch its online subscription business in just four months, with a platform that automates key retail processes and delights customers.
- 1-Year Project ongoing.
- +4 months from start to launch.
- 300 subscribers.
- 1.500 SKU’s supported.
- 500 boxes delivered.
Unstoppable smart minds
- Capitalize eCommerce experience but be flexible to accommodate different cultures.
- Prioritize instruments that allow for quick gathering of customer feedback, before investing in coding.
- Automation is king when bringing retail commerce online.
- No task is too small to automate as this adds greatly to operational efficiency, ultimately driving customer value.
Adapt known strategies to local users and automate everything