Buscapé is an online comparison shopping site founded in 1999 and has been a top 3 eCommerce player in Brazil ever since. Its platform aggregates products from the most reputable retailers and simplifies its user’s shopping experience by providing reviews and recommendations on the best timing to buy. Throughout the years, Buscapé has fulfilled its mission of understanding people´s shopping needs, providing valuable pricing intelligence and a simple buying experience.
- Challenging Problems: Expand business with an eCommerce marketplace in order to address changing consumer behaviors and create a new revenue stream.
- Agile Solutions: New business strategy, build best-in-class platform for merchants and a new user experience for buyers
- Industry Segment: Retail
- Solution Segment: B2C eCommerce.
In order to empower Buscapé to execute this change, we evaluated the business and market from a holistic perspective, allowing us to benchmark strong competitors and set the plan to become a best-in-class eCommerce marketplace.
Platform Implementation & Custom Software Development
To execute the plan, we put together an Agile Ship of 10 professionals, covering multiple areas from Product and UX/UI to Engineering, Infrastructure and even Growth. We focused our efforts on revamping the user experience for buyers, while creating a new platform for merchants with efficient flows and a scalable technology infrastructure. Automating new processes related to payments, order management and shipping was a critical part of the new software architecture.
Optimized business outcomes
By combining efforts with Eureka Labs, Buscapé was able to achieve greater profitability through the new revenue stream, while minimizing cannibalization on its existing business model.
- 2-Year Project.
- The most successful Black Friday in history.
- 55M users.
- $10M extra profits.
- 1.500 new merchants joined the platform.
- 2X organic traffic and sales.
Unstoppable smart minds
- In businesses with large usage volumes, small optimizations make a big difference.
- Automating multiple simple tasks for customers creates a powerful user experience
- Handling customers’ data requires attention to detail & best practices around cybersecurity
- Dare to challenge a market leader and work side-by-side with its people to empower them
Don’t ignore the details when striving for big outcomes.